dimanche 6 janvier 2013

Matthew Young - Traveler's advisory (1986)



I fell in love with the hammered dulcimer. Since I also play the banjo, I decided to explore my interest in folk and blues, with electronics accompanying and filling in for other traditional instruments.

 Random track notes: Objects in Mirror quotes selectively (but verbatim) from my old Toyota car manual. The version of Kyrie uses of tape delay to get a good rhythm going on a old plainchant. Werewolf : Michael Hurley has written some of the best and most eccentric songs of the last 50 years. Dummy Line is a traditional cautionary song my father used to sing. I always found the words much darker than the tune – it's a song about foolishness resulting in death – so I gave them my own musical setting. None Born Wise is my attempt at a composition for the santoor, the Indian version of the hammered dulcimer.

I hope this helps.
Matthew

P.-S. Chef-d'œuvre à domicile, compositions intimes, sentiments dans le plexus, cristal hypnotique, rêves récurrents, voyageur consultatif. Je suis tombé amoureux du dulcimer martelé. Depuis je joue aussi du banjo. Voilà pour la musique.




Aucun commentaire: